1. When you sign up for this website be sure to use the same e-mail address that you used on your Ikes Membership? Check out this post for details why!

Discussion in 'Ankeny Ikes Discussion' started by Will Dobbins, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Will Dobbins

Will Dobbins Board of Directors Staff Member Board Member Chapter Member

Be sure to sign up for the forums using the same e-mail you did on your Ikes Membership form. This allows our internet gnomes to validate that you are an Ikes member and activate certain features of the website for you!

Didn't use the same e-mail?
    You can update your e-mail in the Contact Details section of your profile, or if you would rather change the Membership Database you can let me know and I can update it for you. Either comment here or start a conversation with me privately.

What are the benefits of having a linked account?
    • Access to post in For Sale or Trade forum. Non-members can reply to posts so they can purchase, but only members may post.
    • Remove 'Join the Ikes' boxes on the front page of the site. You are already a member!
    • More to come!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. Chris Schear

Chris Schear Active Forum Member

Question...

We have a family membership and as such, two adults. The email address we supplied in our membership information and the one I use on this forum account forwards to the both of us, but we both can't use it in separate accounts on this forum (I assume). What would be the best way to address this?

Can/Should we specify unique email addresses on our membership details? If so, what is the method for doing so? We, particularly, like having the single email address forward to us both so we can easily stay equally informed - but in regards of needing unique emails for forums accounts, which I'm not even certain we'll need, I'm thinking maybe a 'John/Jane' named forum account that represents us both might be more prudent.

I'm just not a fan of shared accounts.

Thanks.

3. Will Dobbins

Will Dobbins Board of Directors Staff Member Board Member Chapter Member

The best bet is to provide a unique email for each. If you don't want them public just send me a private message using the conversation feature.