Dragoon Trail Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America, Ankeny IA
Izaak Walton League, Ankeny, IA
The Dragoon Trail Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America (informally known as "The Ankeny Ikes") is located near Elkhart, IA, 1 1/2 mile from Ankeny.
Mission Statement (the purpose of the organization)
To conserve, restore, and promote the sustainable use and enjoyment of our natural resources, including soil, air, woods, waters, and wildlife.
- Dues may now be paid online. See New Members.
- Ankeny Ikes Practical Shooters - Members and non-members. See Ankeny Ikes Practical Shooters
- Open Trap - Available to members and non-members. Tuesdays from 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Regular Board Meetings are held at the Ikes facility on the 2nd Sunday of the month. The meeting is from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. All members are welcome to attend.
- Any cancelled events will be noted first in the "What's Happening" section.
Who are we
About the name - Dragoon Trail Chapter
Taken from TravelIowa.com
Dragoons were lightly armed cavalry soldiers who scouted Iowa soon after the Black Hawk Purchase (1832) to put the area under the control of the United States government. Following the course of the Des Moines River, the Dragoons blazed a trail through newly acquired lands that would soon become the state of Iowa. Dragoons established outposts from present-day Des Moines to Fort Dodge in the spring and summer of 1835... More about who we are
Where are we
Address of the facility...
4857 NE 110th Ave.
Elkhart, IA 50073
Dragoon Trail Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America, Inc.
PO Box 91
Ankeny, IA 50021
General driving directions...
- Head East out of Ankeny on E 1ST ST (Same road as NE 94TH AVE, Highway 931, or Enterprise RD), drive approx 3 miles
- Turn North/Left on NE 46TH ST, drive approx 2 miles
- Turn East/Right on NE 110 AVE, drive approx 1/4 mile