Dragoon Trail Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America, Ankeny IA
Izaak Walton League, Ankeny, IA
The Dragoon Trail Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America (informally known as "The Ankeny Ikes") has a two-fold goal.
Primarily, The Dragoon Trail Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America is a member only organization with the a goal to conserve, maintain, protect and restore the soil, forest, water and other natural resources of the United States and other lands; to promote means and opportunities for the education of the public with respect to such resources and their enjoyment and wholesome utilization. Secondarily, our goal is to promote and educate the public about outdoor shooting sports, especially archery, rifle, pistol, shotgun, etc.
- ONLINE Membership payment is now available! Click here to JOIN NOW OR RENEW NOW NOTE: Online payment of membership dues requires a $5 Technology fee to support this payment option. You gain the benefit of immediate access to the range rather than waiting for manual processing which can take up to three weeks.
- Ankeny Ikes Practical Shooters - Members and non-members. See Ankeny Ikes Practical Shooters
- Open Trap - Available to members and non-members. Tuesdays from 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Regular Board Meetings are held at the Ikes facility on the 2nd Sunday of the month. The meeting is from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. All members are welcome to attend.
- 2013 Membership Cards are now being delivered by email. Please check your email including any SPAM folders if you have joined or renewed and are looking for your membership credentials.
- Any cancelled events will be noted here.
Who are we
About the name - Dragoon Trail Chapter
Taken from TravelIowa.com
Dragoons were lightly armed cavalry soldiers who scouted Iowa soon after the Black Hawk Purchase (1832) to put the area under the control of the United States government. Following the course of the Des Moines River, the Dragoons blazed a trail through newly acquired lands that would soon become the state of Iowa. Dragoons established outposts from present-day Des Moines to Fort Dodge in the spring and summer of 1835... More about who we are
Where are we
Address of the facility...
4857 NE 110th Ave.
Elkhart, IA 50073
Dragoon Trail Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America, Inc.
PO Box 91
Ankeny, IA 50021
General driving directions...
- Head East out of Ankeny on E 1ST ST (Same road as NE 94TH AVE, Highway 931, or Enterprise RD), drive approx 3 miles
- Turn North/Left on NE 46TH ST, drive approx 2 miles
- Turn East/Right on NE 110 AVE, drive approx 1/4 mile