Dragoon Trail Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America, Ankeny IA
- Full calendar is at the bottom of this page.
- Click on an event for details, a map, etc.
- Agenda tab on the top right of the calendar is quite useful.
Dragoon Trail Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America provides it members with many ways to enjoy their outdoor sports. Many of the events below are open to members, others are open to members and non-members. Here's a summary...
- Ankeny Schools Trap - Trap Team is open to youth, both members and non-members, that attend Ankeny Schools 7th - 12th grades. Season is generally Feb - Jun.
- Permit to Carry - For those that wish to receive the training required to obtain a State of Iowa concealed carry permit.
- Ankeny Ikes Practical Shooters / Steel Challenge - Open to members and non-members. This is for those what want to change-up their target practice. Shooting steel with a handgun is much different than shooting paper... It's unexplainable, you have to try it to believe it.
- 4H Hot Shots - Open to youth, both members and non-members. This 4H club focus on many types of outdoor shooting sports including rifle, trap, archery.
- Ankeny Ikes Practical Shooters / USPSA - Open to both members and non-members. Tired of poking holes in paper? Like to run? Interested in combat shooting? Enough said.
- Open Trap - Available to members and non-members. The trap range operates Tuesdays from 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM.
- Open Rifle/Pistol - Range is available only to members. The Rifle/Pistol range is available sunrise to sunset unless closed for special events.
- Open Archery - Range is available only to members. The Archery range is available sunrise to sunset unless closed for special events.
Note: Board meetings are the 3th Sunday of the month, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM. The board meeting does not affect the use of any of the ranges.
Safety Note: With membership at an all-time high, there are many events scheduled during the week and weekends. You are strongly advised review the calendar below prior to venturing out to the Ikes facility. The archery range is usually unaffected, but certain occasions may be closed. As always, please be respectful of your fellow Ikes when using the facility. At the range, when someone is downrange, the red lights must be activated. When someone is down range, ALL GUNS MUST BE BENCHED and step away from the bench to avoid the perception to someone down range that they may be in danger. Safety is first priority; having fun shooting is only a secondary priority. If anyone sees another shooter performing an unsafe act, respectfully remind them of their error. Most people will NOT be offended and appreciate being reminded or informed of proper conduct at the range.
- Click here for full size calendar
- To format the calendar as 'agenda' style, click the link to the right.