Dragoon Trail Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America, Ankeny IA
IKES Agenda -- Full board
- 4th Monday of each month, NOT necessarily the last Monday (Less December and holidays).
Member/Board Interaction 6:15 - 7:00
- Review expansion, sunset is 6:30.
- Curtis -> when will we be ready to open the range.
Call to Order
- 7:00 PM
Reports (Please keep reports to 5 minutes or less, submit electronic copies to secretary)
- Office Reports
- Secretary's - Mike
- Treasurer's - Curtis
- Membership - Wendy -- renewal, first mailing, thoughts about online renewal
- Committee Reports
- PR/Marketing - Scott/Jeff A -- KCCI, Announcement message that the range is open
- Shooting Sports - Scott
- Trap - Mike/Larry/Doyle
- Range - Roger/Larry
- Facilities - Randy
- Youth Outdoor Sports - Randy/Ray - PROMATIC trap machines, working, our commitment.
- Women's - Char
- Fund Raising/Events - Dean
- Make our facility an alcohol free facility. Post signage that indicates "We are an alcohol free property." Add same notation to our web site. Amend all our rules (including the range rules, rental agreements, etc) to include "No alcoholic beverages or intoxicated persons are allowed on the facility."
- Rentals - Set new rates for 2012 - Non commercial member rental of the chapter house, $50/hr with range open, $100/hr with range closed. Both with a 4 hour minimum. Commercial contracts must be negotiated with the board. All rentals that involve closing the range must me made six weeks in advance. A point person will be assigned to handle rentals. Rentals will be posted on the firstname.lastname@example.org GMAIL calendar which is displayed on ankenyikes.org web site.
- Accept the CONCEPT of accepting credit card payments for membership, events, etc - example fees $30/month plus 2%-3%.
- Purchase (battery powered) tools - Troy
- Authorize Troy to arrange a Club cell phone. Some rates are 1) $10/month + $0.10/min, $35/mo 200 min - Troy
- Other -