Dragoon Trail Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America, Ankeny IA
Polk County Hot Shots Shooting Sports Club
The National 4-H Shooting Sports program focuses on the development of youth as individuals and as responsible and productive citizens. Youth learn marksmanship, the safe and responsible use of firearms, the principles of hunting and archery, and much more. The activities of the program and the support of caring adult leaders provide young people with opportunities to develop life skills, self-worth, and conservation ethics.
The shooting sports program focuses on building life skills. Objectives of the program are:
- teach decision making, teamwork, self-discipline, self-confidence, and problem solving;
- promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship, and ethical behavior;
- encourage an appreciation and understanding of natural resources;
- develop leadership abilities;
- build character and willingness to assume citizenship responsibility;
- furnish enjoyable, positive relationships with peers and adult instructors;
- strengthen families through participation in lifelong recreational activities;
- and build awareness of related career opportunities.
The Polk County Hot Shots program includes disciplines for archery, rifle and shotgun. Each discipline is taught by a State Certified Instructor. There are even opportunities for members to test their shooting skills in county, regional, state and national competitions. The program is open to all youth in 4th through 12th grade and of the ages 9 to 18. All participates must become 4H members. We meet once monthly through out the year (typically the first Saturday of the month).
Please feel free to attend any of our meetings to see what we are about (calendar) or contact any of the instructors (contacts) with any questions you might have.
- 4H - Polk County Hot Shots Shooting Sports Club
- Polk County 4H Web Site
- National 4H Web Site
- 4H Contacts
- 4H Calendar
Map to the Ikes Facility
Address of the Ikes facility...
4857 NE 110TH AVE Elkhart, IA 50073